- Castor propagated through sexual method only. Seeds are directly sown in the field for raising the plantation.Castor grow all types of soils like red, sandy loam, light alluvial soils.
- It grows vigorously in soil having maximum organic matter. It cannot withstand water logged contrition, so well drainage system maintain in the plantation.
- Non-bloomy red variety of castor (NBR-1) is suitable for eri rearing.
- The ideal season for planting of castor is March-April and September- November.
- 1x1 m spacing is recommended for systematic.
- Around 4800 kg leaf can harvested in a year from one acre plantation.